Thanks for stopping by. Pull up a chair, pour yourself a cup of coffee, and let me tell you a little bit about myself.
I’m an artist, interior design enthusiast, gardener, and cook. I’m on a quest to learn how to paint using watercolors and I’m documenting my progress and sharing my results and other creative endeavors on this blog. You’ll find inspiration, design ideas, and tips here, plus plenty of good things to eat! I hope you’ll follow along.
Here are a few additional tidbits about me:
- I’m a professional artist with over 20 years of experience. I’m just learning how to paint with watercolors. It’s more challenging than I thought, but it’s fun and relaxing.
- I first became interested in art when I was nine years old.
- I tried to emulate my father, who used to sit at the kitchen table with me and draw pictures. I’d ask him to draw dogs. I’d name a breed of dog, and he’d do his best to draw it for me. One evening I asked him to draw a beagle. He drew a bugle with a beagle’s head coming out of one end of the trumpet and a tail coming out of the other end. I giggled and said, “Dad, I asked you to draw a beagle, NOT a bugle!” I miss him.
- My sixth grade teacher, Don Morris, thought I had talent and he encouraged me to pursue art as a career. I took his advice and became an artist. Thank you, Mr. Morris!
- I’m a huge animal lover. I currently have five dogs and two horses. I used to volunteer at a local animal rescue. Four of my dogs used to be homeless. Now they are loved and cherished beyond measure. You’ll see lots of photos of them throughout my blog.
- I’m one of seven children. I have five brothers and one sister. We are a close knit group of siblings and we love spending time together. Check out our family paint-a-thons here and here.
- My daughter is my best friend. I’m blessed to have her in my life. I love our evening painting sessions and sharing her work on my blog. Check out her awesome artwork here and here.
- I’m a homebody at heart. There’s nothing I like better than nesting and creating a beautiful home environment for my family. I’m a seasoned DIYer and enjoy tweaking my indoor and outdoor spaces to reflect my own unique style. Check out my new home tour.
If you have any questions, want to inquire about my work, or partner with me, email me here:
All of the artwork, photography, and content on this blog are protected under US Copyright Law and may not be reproduced or used without express written consent from the blog owner. To obtain permission or for licensing information email email@example.com.