For dinner tonight, I whipped up this cheeseburger salad featured on ThePioneerWoman.com last January. It’s quick, easy, and delicious—and it really tastes like a cheeseburger. It doesn’t get any better than that. I made a few changes to the recipe to suit my taste. You can get the original recipe here.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 heaping tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 Martin’s potato hamburger buns
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bag Fresh Express pre-washed sweet butter (aka butter head) lettuce
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 8 dill pickle slices, diced (I used dill pickle sandwich stackers)
- 1 medium red onion, diced
Brown the meat in a large skillet. Remove from heat and drain the fat. Add ketchup, mustard, barbecue sauce, and mayonnaise. Stir to combine.
Cut hamburger buns into cubes. Heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted.
To assemble the salad, place lettuce onto a plate. Top with meat mixture, cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, red onions, and pickles. Sprinkle croutons on top. Enjoy!